Saturday

MY FITNESS PLAN
This is my plan. Many years of yo-yo diets for me and by God I've finally found what works for me. I've tried South Beach, Atkins, New York, not eating, the beer diet, every plan you can think of but wanna know what does it? Plain old eating well and working out. A lot of working out, but still.

For me, I have to play mind games. I cannot focus on weightloss. In my warped little world, I have to focus on training for something and the weightloss just follows. When I have a plan to adhere to and a date in which I must perform, there is no option for me other than to be able to perform as good as I can from the training that I did. It worked for me when I was getting ready for my wedding three years ago. I call it "The 5K Diet". I did it again a couple of months ago, and I am almost there. I look at it like this: I can either be the fat chick huffing and puffing through the 5k or I can be the fit chick running the 5k.

So, through weight training three days a week and running three others for a total of 6 days a week of exercise, and eating well, I've trimmed 17 pounds of babyweight off so far. For this challenge, my goal is 10. An additional 10 more, and I'm at my ideal body weight for my short 5 foot nothing frame.

Phase one:
I broke up my weightloss into three short-term goals, in order to make up the one big fat goal. The first phase was two months. I worked out six days a week (weight training for three, running for three) and ate healthy, on a modified Body for Life plan. (I get into that below). My goal for the end of the two months was to run a 5K. I ran on the Couch to 5K plan. I know a lot of people who have never in their life run before, and because of this plan they can run for 30 straight minutes without batting an eyelash now. I highly recommend it. The plan also fit in perfectly with the Body for Life workout plan which requires three cardio days and three days of weight-training. Anyway, I ran the 5K in June in 37 minutes (hey, it's a start). 17 pounds lost. My goal was 20. I'll keep going.

Phase two:
I'm now in phase two, and my goal is 10 pounds over a 4 1/2 week period. Beginning June 30, I begin my 10K training. I plan to run the 10K Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Day. That gives me plenty of time to figure out how on earth I will run 10K. It has never been done before (by me) and this will be a really big deal for me. I'm using the Hal Higdon 10K Training: Novice plan.

Stuffing my piehole:
I mentioned that I also eat on a modified Body for Life plan. I call it modified because I wouldn't necessarily call it "dieting". I am still nursing a baby, so I choose not to eat everything "sugar-free" like in the Body for Life plan because I choose not to eat artificial sweetners while I am nursing. It's just a thing I have. If you do, no worries. I don't judge. Also, I eat low-fat rather than fat-free because my baby needs the healthy fats and few extra calories. I do eat six times a day like the Body for Life plan calls for. All my meals consist of a protein paired with a carb (whole grain everything (pasta, bread etc). All the proteins I eat are low-fat or lean meat. I also incorporate the EAS Carb Control shakes (my favorite is chocolate-fudge) and Myoplex-Lite bars (my favorite is chocolate peanut butter crunch) if I can't cook two of the meals. An example of my food goes something like this:

Breakfast:

1 cup oatmeal
2 slices turkey bacon
2 glasses water
1 cup coffee

Mid-Morning Snack:
EAS Shake

Lunch:
Chicken salad, low-fat mayo, on wheat bread
2 glasses water

Mid-Afternoon snack:
Eggbeaters
2 slices toast
Water

Dinner:
Pork Roast
Sweet potato
Water

Night watching American Idol or other show or blogging:
Myoplex-Lite bar
Water

I do this for 6 days and on the 7th, I have a day off where I can eat whatever I want. The funny thing is, when I'm working out and eating well for the rest of the week, I don't really want to eat crap on that off day. But it's good to have it in case I want to. Good luck to you! I hope you find what works for you! If you have any questions about what I'm doing, feel free to e-mail me! christieo_7 at msn dot com.

0 shared the bloggy love:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!

I love comments. Who doesn't love a good comment?