Monday

Monday's Motivation

I find inspiration in weird places, including the osteoporosis commercial with Sally Field. But she does say one thing in there that gets me every time, and that's what I'm gonna be reciting during my workout today.


"One body. One life. One body. One life. One body. One life." All throughout today's weight training. Yes, I'm a dork. But if I don't dig deep, I'll fall off the wagon. This is the body I got. This is the only life I got. And I gotta make the best of both.


So I didn't want to announce to the world that my husband was out of town last week, but he was in South Korea for the week and it was the longest week ever. I don't know how single moms or military wives do it, because when he's not here, it feels like all I'm doing is waiting for him to come home. Our house is in an uproar, the only thing out of Poops' mouth all day every day is "Daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy". And it was my first time spending the night in the house with the kids without him, which, yes, I am wimpy, but my house has noises, and I go around 3 or 4 times checking and re-checking all the locks, and securing my "weapon" by my bedside (just in case). I sleep very light and I stir at every little noise in the monitors. You'd think it wouldn't be a big deal since, you know, I was single for all those years and lived alone. But since I've had kids, I drive slower, I am the person who waits for the huge, long break in traffic before crossing multiple lanes, I constantly look out for "sketchy" people when I'm out, and I don't answer the door during the day. I am sure my years in news has something to do with my paranoia too, but I have seriously never been this cautious and paranoid until I had kids. I would like to think that if I were in a threatening situation, I'd rise up like and evil, giant, black bear to protect her cubs, but hopefully I will never have to find out.


We told Poops that daddy went on a plane and that he'll be back. He was ok the first day since we saw him off at the airport, but the next day, he was beside himself because daddy wasn't there to get him up and get him breakfast. So I found this little pilot and airplane that he had gotten as a gift, and we pretended that the pilot was Daddy. And the pilot guy sat at Daddy's chair at mealtimes, and when Poops was missing Daddy, I'd say, "Where's Daddy? Go get him!" And he'd run and find the little pilot guy and give him a hug or a kiss. I think that made him feel better.

0 shared the bloggy love:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!

I love comments. Who doesn't love a good comment?