Wednesday

Weigh-in Wednesday

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

Good morning! It's Wednesday, which means another weigh in with the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans!

Unfortunately my jeans are not shrinking. No change this week.

After losing the initial 35ish pounds of babyweight in '08, yada yada yada, I've had virtually no change since December. I've already complained about this on here at length so I'll spare you the long story. But in '09 and the quest for the final 10 pounds, I've run a 10k, a half-marathon and now I'm training for a triathlon and still, no weight loss. This ten pounds is hanging on for dear life. I've been spinning my wheels for months. I have dropped a pant size, but have not dropped weight. That's the short story.

Anyway, in lieu of being the complaint department, I am trying in one last attempt to shrink, this time in a team formation, with my TEAM GOLD (woot!!) where the team of biggest losers wins! If I can't keep myself accountable, certainly a team of wonderful women can, right??

Well I'm in it to win it now. Not just for myself but for all of you ladies on Team Gold. 7 weeks is nothing to sacrifice a little to get longterm results. We can do this. My goals for this challenge are as follows (list subject to grow as needed) :

1. Continue to train for triathlon, July 12. Add more weight training to these days.

2. Eat cleaner.

3. Actually count calories.

4. Drink lots and lots of water.

I think I need more weight training and better eating, that may be where I've been falling short. Let's do this, ladies! For once and for all!!!! Go Team Gold!
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. don't get down on yourself - if you've lost a pant size that means you've lost fat, even if you're not losing weight. and isn't fat loss what we're really after any way??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stubborn ole 10 lbs, ugh. But I agree with brooke if you've went down a pant size then you've lost fat and that's great!

    I am hoping we can be motivating for one another, I know how easy it is to let go, but I know Team Gold will keep us going in the right direction.

    On thing that keeps me accountable is my blog, I try to post an shredding/working out update everyday. So if I skip a day or eat bad, I know it will go on the blog and I hate to admit those kinds of things, ugh!

    Keep up the good work. Your doing an amazing job, maybe one day I can train for a triathlon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do it, you have so many people behind you for support! I have been trying to lose 3 lbs for weeks now to get to my first goal, it will happen!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say what Brooke and newlyweds said - going down a pants size means you've lost fat! Yay!

    Just keep up with the healthier lifestyle, and that last ten will come eventually.

    And holy, moly, you've run a 10 k and a half-marathon AND you're training for a triathlon? You're doing better than most folks who have managed that last 10 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Barb said, you're sounding pretty healthy for someone with 10 pounds left to lose. ;-)

    I know what you mean, though. I've been up & down the same 2-3 pounds for the past few months now. In a way, I like it, because it means I'm not regaining everything back. On the other hand, I still have 22 pounds to get into that elusive "healthy BMI" range, and another 20 beyond that to get to goal. *sigh*. I think I'm doing right by the exercise; it's the food I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the challenge and the tri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to do FABULOUS this challenge... even though Team Gold won't come out on top. PURPLE all the way, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that this challenge pushes us to not let our teammates down!! Keep your eyes on the prize!! :) GO GOLD!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha Lissa let the smacktalking begin! Go Gold!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You track those calories, friend. Do as we talked about and I promise you that those last 10 lbs will come off!!! Good luck!

    Oh yeah, and

    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    You better look out
    TEAM BLACK is coming after YOU.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on the last 15-20 pounds (depending on the day!) and it's SO hard. I've been spinning my wheels since the first of the year and I'm so ready to get over the hump!!

    Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!

I love comments. Who doesn't love a good comment?