Monday

Mantra Monday: Strike First Strike Hard No Mercy Sir!

Mantra Monday

Remember Karate Kid?

(My favorite movie of all time? Yes siree.)

Remember when Daniel-san walked into the dojo for the first time because he was exploring the possibility of taking karate? Only to find out that the chumps that were bullying him were in that very same class he was walked in to watch?

Well I've been sick all week. From last Tuesday until Sunday, I have had no voice. Completely leveled. Body aches, chest on fire, the whole lot of it. I have lost all my training days. I have no idea what this has done for my weight, I don't even care that much (the scale says not much but we'll see about that Wednesday), all I care about is that I've lost an entire week of only 4 weeks to train for the next tri. That means, getting back in the saddle doesn't just mean training, it means training hard. Because I don't just want to get through the next tri, I actually wanna do better!

Which is why I'm channeling the evil Sensai this week. 'Cause I gotta get all fired up here (and I did find the exact dialogue on Wiki, by the way:)

John Kreese: Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?
Cobra Kai: No, Sensei!
John Kreese: Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?
Cobra Kai: No, Sensei!
John Kreese: Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?
Cobra Kai: No, Sensei!
John Kreese: Prepare! What do we study here?
Cobra Kai: The way of the fist, sir!
John Kreese: And what is that way?
Cobra Kai: Strike first, strike hard, no mercy, sir!
John Kreese: I can't hear you!
Cobra Kai: Strike first, strike hard, no mercy, sir!

By the way, the "dojo" in this scenario is within myself. And don't worry, I won't beat anyone up. Except maybe myself. Because this is going to be a good, hard week.

* * *
Every Mantra Monday I take a moment to look ahead and it helps me reach whatever goals I have. What's in your head? Blog about it, share in the comments below.

Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus