Friday

God Was With Me In the Tiny Room, I Swear

If I didn't believe in God before yesterday (which I did), I sure as heckfire do now.

Because He took care of me while I was waiting in that tiny, hot, stuffy room for 2 1/2 hours, with my two children, during their naptime. 2 1/2 HOURS.

The room was full of grumpy people waiting for 2 hours or more, which is what you have to do if you don't have an appointment, like me. But it was that or not get the little voucher you need to get into the free Pre-K program that we're thinking about switching to because it just so happens to be at the elementary school my son would go to kindergarten at anyway, and also at a very, very good school.

So my tiny little men waited. And they waited. In the stroller, with their little Happy Meal toys because we stopped at McDonalds on the way over because I knew that would set us up for a successful afternoon of waiting while they should have been napping and let me preface this by saying that they both still, very very much need their naps...

At one point, my 4 year old asked out loud, "Mommy, are we staying here all night?" And the room laughed and I said, "I hope not." But it felt like it.

And my little mens were great, on a scale of 1 to demonic, they were a 0 and I thank God for that, because I wouldn't have blamed them for a second for being little demons instead of little tiny angels. (Is the key here in this situation to keep expectations low so that you are pleasantly surprised? Maybe...)

But more importantly, God was with me when I turned and looked at my son who was crouching in the corner, thinking real hard, with that look on his face that only means one thing: he's about to smoke us all out of the room.

I thought, Oh dear God, help me.

Because that's when I realized the worst possible scenario was occurring.

 I did not have my diaper bag.

But can you blame me? I was rushing! I picked up the kids from school and ran to this place so I could wait in line for 2 1/2 hours in a tiny, overstuffed room with no venthilation! How easy it is to forget a crucial item like a diaper bag!

But here He came, to the rescue, once again with His humor and sheer genius.

Right when I panicked, I got a whiff of something wonderful. Magical, even.

Popcorn.

Yes, someone at that very moment, at the moment my son should have been smoking all these angry souls out of the room while I sat there helplessly ignoring the odor that could only have been coming from one place, made popcorn.

I was saved.

Honestly, what are the chances?

At that point, my name was called, I got my voucher, no one hated me, I went home where the poo stunk up my own house and had to immediately be removed, and it was a good day, the end.

* * *

Please help me fight cancer by donating HERE. I'll even give you a present! Check it out and read about who I'm running for HERE! Bookmark and Share Follow me on Twitter. Subscribe to my blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus