Saturday

CHRISTIE. On a Treadmill. At the Mall. Event is Saturday, March 27th. Running on a treadmill in the  middle of the mall all day long, until I reach $2,000. Come visit me!

In the media (I'm in the paper!): Walking the Mall
Become a Facebook fan.
Watch me during the event on Twitter: @christieo
Raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training with Team Shrinking Jeans!


Some stuff about me

I am a stay-at-home-mom and former/slash/freelance journalist (when I feel like it) but mostly full-time mommy and blogger.

I am a wife and a mother to two little boy toddlers. The hardest job I'll ever love!
When I first started blogging, I only had one little boy, hence the name of the blog I began back then, The Mis-Adventures of Captain Poopy. There was (and still is) a lot of poop in my life. After my second was born, I began blogging here.

Now that they're in toddler-hood, I'm getting back to me. I started working out just to lose the babyweight and hit a major rediscovery along the way. Fitness has not only become a way of life for me and my family, I have discovered a passion for, of all things, triathlon. Me. Triathlon. It sounds funny even typing that.

I can't explain it. I'm not a triathlete, by any stretch of the imagination. But I love to run-bike-swim and all in one day, even if it means making it across the finish line at the back of the pack.


I am in the process of rethinking my career as a journalist and we'll see where that goes.

But my fitness and motherhood journeys have taught me a lot of things. That work isn't everything. Family is. That you can have a family, but if you ain't happy with yourself, ain't no one happy. Reaching goals and surpassing them, ones that you'd never imagined you'd ever even have, is sheer euphoria. That there will always be fear, but it's so freeing to be fearless.

blog comments powered by Disqus