Friday

It Started Out With Panic Over a Cocktail Napkin

15 years ago I frantically searched for a cocktail napkin and a pen. You see, we did not have cell phones then.

The bar was closing and I had just met a really cool guy. He liked racquetball. Plus they hadn't turned the lights on yet.

We went on a couple dates. We went out for a while.

We looked like this:

meandev

We broke up. Our lives went on. We moved to separate ends of the earth. But he always stayed with me, somehow. Somewhere.

10 years later, we looked like this:

us2

Sometimes when I hear him on the other end of the phone I close my eyes and remember how desperate I once felt listening to his voice and wishing he were closer.

Then I remember that he is now. And has been for the past 5 years.
We look like this now:

familyfotoreg_edited-1

All I have to do is look at my children. That's the best anniversary present ever.

Happy Anniversary, honey. You're still my favorite.

Bookmark and Share
Follow me on Twitter.
Subscribe to my blog.

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that gave me shivers. So sweet!!! I know how you feel.

    Next week is our anniv. of our first date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... LOVE.

    Happy Anniversary! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!!!

    Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary and all but...


    you were brunette???

    i feel like someone just told me the world was flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and CUTE story! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Here's to many more multiples of 5's in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversay hooker, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Congrats to your 5 years and wishes for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just the sweetest thing ever.

    Happy Anniversary, that was a beautiful post. I seriously shed a girly tear and went "aaaaaawwww!"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a beautiful family. Congrats on your Anniversary! I hope yall had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!! Your family is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary...you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!

I love comments. Who doesn't love a good comment?