Monday

My Husband Rocks. That is all.

My husband ran a marathon yesterday. There he is, finishing strong at the end.
theresmyguyfinishingstrong!
I can't quite put into words how proud I am of him.

All I can say is that there is a "Holy Grail" among many people and an item on many a "Bucket List" that is called, "finish a marathon." And yesterday he did that.

All by himself.

26.2 miles of being in his own head, of the culmination of training, of ebbs and flows, highs and lows, and that feeling that everyone gets of giving up. Asking yourself if you can, indeed, finish and where is that darn cart that takes me back to the finish line if I decide I can't! and ps. he can.

We carved ourselves out a great spot at the finish line and cheered all the runners on. My favorite part of this photo is the tiny two-year-old fist-pump that's going on here. See it? It's tiny! But it's furious!

fistpumpingtwoyearold

So much of what I love about life is watching people see their own greatness. What I'm going to love so much is watching those two little mens right there see theirs.
mymensilovethemsomuch!

Congratulations to my wonderful husband who is made of so much awesome it gets me all teary-eyed! I love you.

* * *

Please help me fight cancer by donating HERE. I'll even give you a present! Check it out and read about who I'm running for HERE!
Bookmark and Share
Follow me on Twitter.
Subscribe to my blog.

7 comments:

  1. Way to go, Evan!!!

    How awesome! Totally love the 2-year-old fist pump. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! Congratulations on marking off 'finish a marathon', Mr. O! I LOVE how intense 'the 2YO' is...so proud of his daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome!!! he totally kicks ass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how awesome is your husband! So proud of him and so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Congrats on an awesome accomplishment! Love the fist bump!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!

I love comments. Who doesn't love a good comment?