Where the HELL Have I been?

It's 2 days before I leave for San Diego and forever since I've blogged.

In that time, we have switched pre-schools, finished out the school year, had a family reunion, nursed one knee injury and I'm currently on my second box of tissues after inheriting my sons' colds and being completely laid out.

Whew. It's been a week.

Because it wouldn't be me if I weren't nursing a cold before a huge event like the Team In Training 1/2 marathon, right?? You can just call me "Murphy."
Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do here.

An update on the knee: Last week, during a softball game, I tweaked my knee. It was so swollen and it hurt real bad, but I iced it and compressed it last week. It was swollen until Sunday and it's been feeling pretty good, the swelling has definitely gone down. Of course, I thought the worst, so I went to my orthopedic guy today and he played with it and looked at it and x-rayed it and everything. I was waiting for the worst, "No more triathlons, no more long-distance running, no more anything..." But he was nice to me and told me what I wanted to hear: that besides my missing ACL, everything looks like it's in fine working order, the swelling's gone down and I did the best thing by staying off it last week. I've had two surgeries on my meniscus in the past (I have almost none left) and during my last surgery, it was discovered that there is a black hole where my ACL should be. One day he said he'd like to convince me to have ACL replacement surgery (which requires 6 months of crutches and another 6 months of rehab -- shah! Right! That'd work well with toddlers...) but until then, as long as I keep the muscles around my knee strengthened, I should be ok to continue doing what I'm doing. So, good! I'm going to! And I probably was going to even if he said not to! (I'm stubborn like that.)

Whew. That was close. But for now, I'm going to say goodbye to softball while I'm doing triathlons so I don't keep screwing up my knee. That'll be hard to do. But I think it's necessary.

Now I have a cold and I've been laid out for a couple of days. I'm going to see a doctor tonight who will tell me what I know, that I should take this and that and have plenty of rest and fluids, yada yada yada. But I'll go anyway.

And remember how I have to wear a tutu during the race on Sunday? I've found amazing directions on how to make my own and I'm buying the tulle tonight to make it. Hurrah! I will supply the pictures in case you, too, are ever interested in making a tutu yourself. Because you know you are.

I haven't been weighing in, weekly, just in case you've been wondering. I've been maintaining and steady for the past few weeks and not really trying to lose any (though I could still stand to lose a few). I'm just trying not to gain a whole lot. I'll be back at it once I'm 100% after the half-marathon.

WHICH I AM SO TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO! I haven't run in a week, but I hope my body will remember that I had done some amount of training over the past 6 months! We shall see. But a tutu makes everything better.

Now I have to go clean my hovel while I'm up to it and then I'll be off to make a nice purple tutu!

Have a nice day! Glad to be back!

* * *
Please help me fight cancer by donating HERE. I'll even give you a present! Check it out and read about who I'm running for HERE! Bookmark and Share Follow me on Twitter. Subscribe to my blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus