Monday

Motivation Monday + This Week's Prize

Good morning! Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I wrapped up the weekend with that 4 mile run I was scared of. And when I finished (about 1/3 mile from the house) I kept running because every second I walked home I was running out of time to shower since I was squeezing this run into a loooong day of events. And that got me thinking that if I really just had to run just a little more, just one more measly mile and a half more, I really will be able to do that 10k by November. Seriously! So now I am wayy more optimistic now.



This week's prize is coming to us from our friends at Runner's Lounge, an online forum for runner's and exercisers. There are tips, giveaways, lounges to chat in, and events and I really like what they've got going on there, especially the link to "Map My Run" which will tell you your running distance without you having to drive it and zero out the odometer like I do.


So, this week's winner will get a Runner's Lounge tee-shirt and a running book, to be named, autographed by the author. Woohoo! So don't forget to weigh-in this week so you can be eligible for the drawing!!


I mentioned Saturday that weeks four and five were the hardest for me in terms of losing weight when I first began because my body was literally hanging onto the weight for dear life, thinking I wasn't really serious. But after week four, it really started to do its thing. So seriously, everyone who hasn't been seeing results yet, if you've been working out and eating right, it will happen, trust me. Keep pushing along.

That's what this week's challenge is about. It's simple. During your workouts this week, at least once, venture out of your comfort zone and PUSH IT. I mean, really push it, push your reps, push your "limit" on how long you run or how fast, walk for longer than you've ever walked before, something. Not to make your body fold, no, that's not the point. The point is to become conscious of what's "normal" for you, and exceed that, just a little. Show yourself that your body can do amazing things if you want it to.


Then, (the project part) come back Friday and tell us about it. Link it up and post about it. Tell us your "I worked my butt off" moment. Or moments. Because if you have more than one, that's awesome and everyone should know! So good luck this week!!!

Remember this, and I realize he's talking about baseball, but to me, he talking about the stuff of life.

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!"- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own
Bookmark and Share

0 shared the bloggy love:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!

I love comments. Who doesn't love a good comment?