Saturday

Torture in the Form of the Electric Slide

I just want to air a grievance here. OK? I hope you don't mind.

OK. Here we go.

Today I went to spin class. I was on the spin bike for an hour and 15 minutes. It was a nice, long ride and I challenged myself and I eventually followed it up with a 5 mile run, blah blah blah. All very good and wonderful (and I needed it so bad since getting thrown up on yesterday during sick day extravaganza number 512.)

Anyway.

Somewhere in the middle of spin class, the instructor (who I LOVE), played the Electric Slide.

The only thing I can say to that is, what kind of crap is that!

The ELECTRIC SLIDE?

REALLY??

WHILE WE'RE ALL ON BIKES, SOME OF US LITERALLY ATTACHED TO OUR BIKES WITH THE CLIPPY PEDALS????

Does he have any idea whatsoever what kind of torture it was for me to not get off the bike and DO the Electric Slide??!!

And I don't even LIKE the Electric Slide!

There's just something about the song that makes your legs move to its music involuntarily and then you find your legs headed out to whatever dance floor is the closest, where you start doing it whether you like it or not!

The funnier thing would have been if each one of us, one by one, got off our bikes and started doing the Electric Slide in the room. Which I am sure would have been a special kind of disaster what with no room to do it in between the bikes and all.

And the visual THAT would have been from outside the room, looking in through that little glass wall. That might have been priceless and something you would see in a teen movie from the 80s with all of us wearing leg warmers.

I'm pretty sure every single one of us was up for it, actually, but no one had the courage to break the seal. But oh, how I wanted to!

Instead, we all pedaled away on our bikes for the whole song. Hum de dum. All while NOT doing the Electric Slide. Which was nothing short of a long drawn-out torture for me.

I'm just sayin.

Spin class teacher, you hurt me today. And I don't know if I love you anymore.

OK that's all.
Have a nice day.
Bookmark and Share Follow me on Twitter. Subscribe to my blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus