Wednesday

Weigh-In Wednesday: The Post-Race Version (You know what that means)

In following with true Christie O. traditions, I have, again, gained weight after last Saturday's triathlon, followed by our longest Team In Training run yet, the 10 miler. For some reason, I gain weight after a tri (I'm going to have to do some scientific research on this) and it disappears on Thursday or Friday but it never disappears by Wednesday, which is, unfortunately weigh-in day. Today, I'm up 1.5. Suck.

So in keeping with the tradition and in lieu of I-knew-it-was-going-to-happen-I'm-sorry-dear-teammates, I'm looking at the cup half full here and going with the non-scale victories.

As in, like, I ran 10 miles. And I did it without wanting to entirely die! Usually my breathing gives out before my legs, but this time, even the first 1/2 mile of the run didn't suck, the whole thing went fantastic! And it was beautiful out and I ran and I ran and I ran and at one point yes, it did feel like it was forever but that's because it was, it was an hour and 42 minutes of just running. And stopping just once to take a picture of this:
alligator2

And this:

alligator

Two separate (and huge) guys swimming in the bay! It wasn't even a lake it was a tiny inlet of the actual bay! Crazy gators.
It took me 1 hour and 42 minutes and the only part that stunk was the massive migraine I had for the rest of the day (exercising for long periods of time tends to trigger migraines in me, and boy, you learn a lot about your body when you do these things.)

Anyway, the other NSV was my first triathlon of the season last Saturday! I swam 1/2 mile, biked 10 miles and ran 4 miles in 1:32, beating my last swim by 3 minutes and instead of running 3 miles in 30 minutes, I ran 4 miles in 34 minutes! Which honestly makes me question the actual length of the run, because that pace just doesn't seem possible to me, I am thinking they are probably off by at least a third of a mile.

It was kind of a rough food weekend as I give myself a freebie on race days (BBQ-yum!) but then there was the little issue of my son's birthday party on Sunday (which honestly didn't go that bad, little cake, little pizza...ok maybe the chips and coke weren't necessary) and then Monday, which was his actual birthday and he requested hot dogs... But by Tuesday my body was rejecting all bad food and it craved plain grilled chicken and rice and plain cheerios, and plain goodness. Plain plain plain.

That's all for today. I have so much to post that's tri-related, like my race report and my swim updates and pictures and stuff that's just plain old life-related, because even when all my events are all over it still feels like there's always stuff going on, and well, life is getting in the way of my blogging. What I really want is one full day to just write and write and write. Anyway... cheers to another week, and my weight-loss by Friday. Ha!

* * *
Please help me fight cancer by donating HERE. I'll even give you a present! Check it out and read about who I'm running for HERE!
Bookmark and Share
Follow me on Twitter.
Subscribe to my blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus